Recap of the year, as seen at All&Sundry
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Learned how to use an embroidery machine, and rekindled a love for sewing and clothing design
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um. I didn’t make any, that I can recall.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I’m aware of. Most of the people within my element are my age and older.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
ummmm….Screven County, that’s pretty out in the country.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Peace of mind
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There aren’t any, as I am not one to remember specific dates.I can remember events pretty well, just not when they happened. Things tend to be either now, a little while ago, and a long time ago.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not firebombing my husband’s place of employment. If you knew the details, you’d agree with me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
That’s pretty personal. Let’s just say it was a doozy, and leave it at that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than the normal Spring cold, not really, until Dec 2 when my pelvis went bonkers and now I’m in physical therapy for it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Just about a week ago, I bought a new sewing machine. Back in the Summer I bought a 1 yard piece of Alencon lace for $80. It’s gorgeous and I have A Plan for it, but am a little nervous of executing that plan. However, the new sewing machine will help.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Assorted expenses,debt paying off, mortgage
13. What did you get really excited about?
Taking a trip to Kentucky for a week, which got cancelled (refer to #8)
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
What? Oh,I know…”Whipping Post” by the Allman Brothers
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? calmer, more at peace
– thinner or fatter? I am invoking my rights as according by the Fifth Amendment, and refusing to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate me.
– richer or poorer? Richer, because we’ve worked through some things and come out stronger for it.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worrying, fretting,stuff like that.
18. How did you spend Christmas
Peacefully, with my immediate family, and refusing to fret.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
That varied with my mood and what was available on Netflix Instant View.
20. What were your favorite books of the year? Um….well…I really enjoyed CS Lewis’s “Surprised by Joy”
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Phillip Glass and Ravi Shankar
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I got a kick out of Captain America
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don’t remember, but I did turn 46. I think… (I was born in 1965…so yeah.46)
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Good heavens, what kind of question is that? Life isn’t MEANT to be satisfying! However, I think if Terry had worked normal hours, like maybe 50 a week instead of 75,and had a day off every week instead of 1 or 2 a month, I think that would have helped.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Uh….what? I guess…um…to wear clothes in public?
26. What kept you sane?
Wednesday Prayer Group, with ladies who’ve been through situations similar and worse than mine, and lived to tell about it.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don’t stress about things you can’t control. Give it over to God, and trust Him to know what’s best for me, and remember that He has a master plan for all of it.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment