You all know I like to cook. On facebook I’m constantly posting write-ups of the latest concoction for dinner, using locally sourced produce and fancy pants unpronounceable bits of stuff that can only be found in places 3 hours drive from here.
Today, I am in a confessing mood. Maybe it’s the weather, which is open-windows wonderful, maybe it’s the tending-to of Himself, recovering from arm surgery, and it’s resultant lack of tingly evening adult libations. Anyway. I confess that there are an assortment of….ahem…Less Than Fancy foods I enjoy, ezpecially these days when time to fiddle and attention span is lacking. Because as well as time/attention span issues, there’s also a lack of imagination thing, so I am going to list them. with bullet points, in no particular order other than as they occur to me.
- Spray cheese in a can on ritz crackers. No particular flavor, as I can’t tell them apart anyway. I hide the can, not because I am asham…ok, because I am ashamed.
- vienna sausages, but not all the time and NOT with spray cheese from a can. Only in an emergency.
- Cheetoes, the crunchy kind. PMS food, and when the household menfolk see the bag on the counter, they know to leave me alone for a day or two.
- potato chips, and not the thick fancy kettle cooked ones either. I like Tom’s. Thin, a little greasy, cheap at the gas station Toms. Vinegar and Salt if they have them.
- Orange Nehi soda. Try it as a float with vanilla ice cream, it’s like an orange creamsicle!
And now for something completely different. I have this issue with the computer where now and then it deletes a line or moves the cursor so if I’m not paying attention it will all get moved around and make absolutely no sense at all. I was sur hthere and there it goes. I hava bunch of times as I did that up typesd this like because it did ite it would do this while I tnoou get an idea of what this stuff would look like ifI never edited it.hat but now y does tit idea why.
Now you see why i need the spray cheese on a ritz.