Now! In bullet points!
- School starts in 2 weeks- well less than that, really. It starts on the 13th. I am old fashioned enough to think it should start after Labor Day. It does, however, start 2 weeks later than the public schools, so there’s that, I guess.
- Sewing jobs: short pants for people who are willing to spend $65 for short pants for a 3 year old. I wouldn’t do it, but who am I to complain about someone wanting swiss batiste short pants lined with cotton sateen for a 3 year old? And the pants are white, no less. I would never have put white pants on my kids when they were 3. That is an open invitation for EBS (Explosive Bowel Syndrome).
- Yesterday was cool. Today is not. I am ready for Fall. This Summer has been ridiculously hot. 20 of the days in July were 100+. I am ready for open windows and a blanket on the bed.
- I am also ready for Fall and Winter foods. Beef and Stout Pie, chili and cornbread, pinto beans with a ham hock, pot roast. Cream of whatever soups with cheese in it. I want rich and filling foods that make the house smell amazing. I am tired of cold salads and ice water all the time.
- I guess I am ready for Order and Schedules and to be done with this fluidity of time that comes with Summer. I want to be out of the house by 8, have until 4 or 5 (depending on the sport) with no one else around, dinner on the table at 6:30, and everyone in bed by 9. Lather, rinse, repeat. I know, this sentiment is inconsistent with the first point in the list. You’ll live.
- My coffee cup is empty. *snap snap*…still empty.